Following on from their success at last year’s BMN Awards where they were awarded the ‘Training Initiative of the Year’, Kellaway Building Supplies has been nominated for the ‘BMF Training Company of the Year’ and are the finalist for the South West England and South Wales region.
“Training is an integral part of the company’s core values in developing people, both within and beyond their roles, so I am pleased that our efforts have been recognised externally.” Said Personnel and Welfare Manager, Abigail Tovey.
Kellaway have been shortlisted for their proactive approach to training, which has created an engaging team-oriented culture helping to develop and retain talent. They have also been recognised as a BMF Regional Centre of Excellence at GHO where other BMF members in the region benefit from their facilities.
Abigail went on to say “We have invested well in people development over the past year, including:
- 7 people on the BMF Diploma in Merchanting with another 3 due to start in September
- 4 people on an intensive Developing Leadership Skills for Supervisors course
- 3 people passing their LGV licence with another 1 in the process
- 1 person passed the CIPD Diploma in Human Resource Management Level 5
- All drivers receive continuous development through CPC training
- Operator’s Licence Awareness Training
- All plant training is delivered in-house to ensure high quality and a tailored approach to our business
- Various product training courses and BMF Campus
- High quality first aid training
- Extensive Safety training with our partners, Southalls
We are also working closely with the BMF to develop the diploma course and are looking forward to our future managers enjoying a challenging, engaging and relevant diploma.”
The overall winner will be announced on 27 September.